Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stop The Clock

Is it just me or is this year flying by? 

Sure I have probably said that before, as most people have, but this time I really mean it. 

Ever since the Little Man arrived I feel like time has shot itself out of a cannon and here we are. 
Just a few short months ago we were blessed with this new little bean. We spent most of our time trying to figure out the ins and outs of taking care of a baby everyday and catching a wink of sleep whenever we could. 

Now we have a little guy living under our roof with a huge personality who is so very busy all day long. His new trick is pulling himself up on the toy basket to stand up, finally signing back some of the words we have been teaching him and cracking up laughing every time the dog walks in the room. He's chock full of love and happiness.

While I love watching him learn and grow every single day, I also secretly wish I could stop the clock once in awhile and freeze some of these moments in time.  As I see him growing so quickly before my eyes, I feel a sense of panic that one day I'll wake up and he'll be all grown up and won't need me anymore. I suppose that's the point and a sign of a job well done but there are times that I do wish he could stay this little forever.
Stealing a smooch from a sleeping 2 month old Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? Hate it? Indifferent? Have advice on today's topic? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails