Saturday, February 13, 2010

Young Love

So yesterday we went to the Sweetheart's Party that was hosted by one of the playgroup's that the Little Man attends.

All was going well and sweet until LM decided to start getting frisky with some of our little friends.

It started off innocently enough with a sweet attempt to plant a kiss on one of their cheeks but quickly progressed into inappropriate lengths. I kid you not, whenever he was within arm's reach of one of these poor little peanuts he was groping her like they were in the back of his Dad's car on Prom Night.

By the end of the day I couldn't help but feel like I had already failed him as a mother.

Terrible thoughts started flipping through my mind rapidly such as:
Is my kid going to grow up to be the dirtbag paying the girls in M&M's to "show me yours and I'll show you mine" behind the jungle gym at the playground? Or worse yet, be the guy in school that breaks girls hearts with a love 'em and leave 'em mentally? Surely those boys all started their "Quests to Conquest" innocently enough, right? How does one teach their 6 month old to quit being a floozy?

All jokes aside, I realize that he has zero idea what he is doing but are these subliminal acts signs of what's to come? (shudder)

Here is some evidence of my son being the town tart. I have blurred the faces of the innocent to protect their privacy, as well as in the hope that their father's won't recognize them and come to my house wielding any blunt objects.

LM's first attempt to give "A" a little sugar
Never one to discriminate he sets his sights on "M" and goes in for a squeeze
I'm too horrified to even think of a witty caption for this
one last attempt to get whatever he can
this directly followed his efforts being rebuffed.
finally a willing participant in the form of a much older woman.

It is becoming increasingly more aware to me that I have a lot of work ahead of me. *sigh.

2 comments:

  1. NO! I understand you are trying to grant anonymity to J dubbs' lady friends but the faceless children are beyond creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Sorry but the privacy of the little ones trumps any unintentional creepiness as a result.

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Hate it? Indifferent? Have advice on today's topic? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails